Tuesday, July 14, 2009

CDAP: Tower Design Through Grasshopper Scripting

I began working within Grasshopper by looking on-line for a tutorial on how to develop a simple twisted tower design. I found one here: Twisting Tower.

I learned how to create parameters than can fluctuate to change the height, shape radius, twist factor, and polygon type. From this I tried to evolve these concepts into my idea.

I want to create a series of "bubbles" that cluster together to create a tower form. Each "bubble" will represent a different program function or inhabitable space. Where the "bubbles" intersect is where utilities can be stored and accessed to service the individual "bubbles" on each floor. I was thinking that this could possibly be a form in which rainwater could be harvested and stored to service each "bubble apartment

No comments:

Post a Comment